Why hello my Fledglings. I do hope this Wednesday finds you well.
For those of you who may have just stumbled on my blog, this isn’t really Day 8 of staying at home. Nor is it Day 8 in a row of me posting something about the Coronavirus. It’s just the 8th day that I’ve tried to get something out there for everyone.
- Wednesday Share Day March 24, 2020
- Wednesday Share Day April 1, 2020
- Coronavirus Share Day #3 April 2, 2020
- Coronavirus Share Day #4 April 3, 2020
- Coronavirus Share Day #5 April 5, 2020
- Coronavirus Share Day # 6 April 6, 2020
- Coronavirus Share Day #7 April 7, 2020
I was talking to a good friend of mine the other day. He’s a huge part of the medical community and working practically seven days a week on the front line of this pandemic. I mentioned something about all the parodies that people were making and if he’d a chance to take a break and distract himself from all that was going on. His response surprised me (he’s usually open to a lot of fun things).
“You know Phoenix, if that’s what some people need right now to heal and help themselves, that’s great. For me, I can’t watch this stuff. Maybe when the dust settles. I’m just too much in the middle of it right now and it’s too hard for me.”
Made me think a little bit.
We all process things differently. We’re all in different stages of managing what’s going on. Some are battling the depression that comes from isolating in one place for days at a time. Some are battling on the front line, risking their lives and the lives of their families to save others. Some are actually fighting for their lives. And others, sadly, have lost that battle.
If my posting these parodies has offended anyone, I deeply apologize. That has never been my intent. For me, looking at life from a lighter side, helps. And, as you may have read in my last blog, 6 Feet Apart, many times I avoid so I don’t have to look at the hard stuff.
Today, I will add a few links of things I’ve read to contemplate, think about, and some that will hopefully give hope. (Did I just use a double word in the same sentence? Like I’m glad that I’m happy? Or I’m gloomily sad today?)
I will add some links about addiction that I’ve also come across. And yes, I will still add a couple of videos, but today, no parodies, just videos of hope and togetherness.
Love you all!
Links to Some Current Blog Posts
- This is Not Easy. Give You Some Credit. – by The Bloggess
- Things We Fought About During the Pandemic – by The Bloggess
- By All Means – by The Pilot Wife Life
- Weekly Round Up – March 28, 2020 – by Brene Brown
- 10 Quotes that Will Get You Through the Hardest of Times – Fearless Motivation
- Tips For Finding Your Joy Now – Lisa Nichols
Some Addiction Links
- 25 Songs About Addiction
- Coronavirus and Addiction Treatment
- 6 Part Video Series Explaining Why the 12 Steps is an Integral Part of Recovery
Together We Can Heal
Um! Yes! Straight No Chaser made another video…
Dedicated to Bill Withers: (July 4, 1938 – March 30, 2020)
So beautiful! Words just don’t do it justice.
“The virus is fear, not corona…”
~ Fearless Motivation
Another stunning and exquisite performance.
“And we’ll rise up…”
We Will Rise!